Sunday 26 April 2015

Nando's Menu

I love to see the process of a sketch resulting to its masterpiece so I thought I'd talk through my process when I painted this illustration for a Nando's competition. I will try and do this for all future pieces of work.

So let's start off with the idea. I sketched out what I already had in mind doing this painting. I knew I wanted circles and symmetry with as much relevance to Nando's and their food as possible.


With the idea sketched out I created the outline using Illustrator to do the circles- any non-circle drawings were done by hand.

With the outline complete the acrylic paints came out of the box! Painting is so therapeutic and I enjoy it tremendously- until the hand cramps come in that is.


With the painting complete I scanned the final thing and opened it in Photoshop.


The background was filled in digitally, thus ending up with the final result.


No comments:

Post a Comment